Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Best Weekend of my Adult Life (so far anyway...)

     So this weekend was literally one of the best weekends of my life. Fan X, Metatron, Kylo Ren, Charlotte, Shaytards, Youtubers, Vocal Point and tears all embody the reason why this weekend was the absolute best.
     First Fan X. Basically Fan X is a down graded Comic Con but it's still awesome! Back in December my good friend Charlotte and I had decided to attend because a villain from our favorite TV Show "Supernatural" was going to be there. That villain is called Metatron and no he isn't a Transformer that's Megatron. Metatron is a lot of ugly words I won 't say but I would be lying if I said I didn't love some of his one liners...  Anyway, we split the photo op fee and anxiously counted down the days until we would get a picture. 
        Fan X has arrived and we couldn't be more thrilled! Upon arriving the first person I see is my old Young Womens' leader's Twin and I was very confused because I thought it was her for a while but after calling out to her and getting no response I kinda figure it was the twin and we kept walking. We met Belle and Tiana who just so happen to be friends of Charlotte so that was pretty neat. Walking around we noticed George Taeki and we asked a security worker if we could say hello and he said YES! So we got in line and we shook his hand then proceeded to tell him that we admired him. She liked him from Psyche and I from watching Star Trek with my Dad, he told us thank you and we left. It was really fast but still so exciting!!
      We got pictures of a few cosplayers (A person who dresses up - sometimes professionally as a character.). Two of the cosplayers were Kylo Ren and one of the times they let me hold a light saber, and not a plastic cheapo one - a heavy expensive one!!! It was the biggest thrill ever! I wanted to hug them but refrained because I'm a 20 year old adult and don't need to be hugging people in costumes unless I'm at Disneyland. 
      Finally the time of our photo op has come, after much confusion on where to go we get in line to see Metatron. Charlotte and I are freaking excited we can barely contain it. We are then lead to another room, the only thing separating us from the punk angel is a piece of cloth... so naturally we're shaking with excitement. We get in line and go over our request. We're going to ask to pretend punch him in the face, hoping he'll comply! Suddenly we pass through the sheet and THERE HE IS!!!! ALL 5ft and 4 inches of him!!! Yes he's a short man but who cares! Everything is happening so fast, soon enough it's our turn and enthusiastically he greets us and Charlotte quickly mutters our request and he says "Absolutely!" Quickly getting my grin off of my face by reminding myself that his character drained my favorite character of his grace (It's complicated so don't ask unless you REALLY want to) and my face goes to Bad A-- face mode. The picture is taken, Charlotte steals a hug as do I and we leave, shaking even more from the excitement. We get our picture and fan girl over the perfectness of it all. 
    Walking around some more we see another character from Supernatural (one we actually like) and notice that we're allowed to go to talk to her. Thinking it's going to be just as swift as George Taeki we get what we want to say gathered in our thoughts - well I do at least. She gets up walks past Charlotte and I then a few minutes later comes back. We gather courage and walk up to her and then proceed to have a 5 minute conversation with her, much longer than I thought would happen! Erica Carroll is such a nice human being!!! She talked to us like we were her friends, she pulled out her phone and showed us few pictures of past cast members and talked about her acting career and asked us our names and side note.... she said that mine was "Lovely" haha mom was thrilled to hear that someone appreciated the name she picked out for me. 
      Fan X was a success and it was GREAT. I would do it all over again the only thing I'd do different is maybe get a photo op with Dean Cain (Superman). At the end of the day my feet were exhausted and so was the rest of my body but I had a big day the next day....
   CVX Live... Is Utah's only Youtube Convention, it's kind of like a Comic Con for Youtubers as well as a help guide to future youtubers. One of the youtubers that was there were the Shaytards. The Shaytards are an LDS family who film their lives and put it on the internet. They are so good, funny, inspirational and nice people. I got to experience the "Superfan experience" which basically means me and 20 other people asking questions. The previously night I had written out exactly what I wanted to say. Anyway, I sat in the room for a while and then got the courage to raise my hand and got called on. Standing up I introduced myself and told them my story and I got choked up but got the gist of it out. In the process of my blubbering Colette (the mom) came and hugged me while I apologized for crying. She put both of her hands on the sides of my face and told me that crying was an okay thing and to not feel bad. She went back to her seat and I was about to sit down and someone yelled "You should hug them all!' After cautiously asking if that was allowed I went up and hugged all five of them and then got chased down by their 5 year old because I forgot him ahha. After the hour was just about up we got in line to take pictures. When it was my turn I got into position and the person took my pictures I turned to them to say thank you but then Shay grabbed me and say "Hey come here" and he wrapped me in the best hug and then told me how much he loved and appreciated my story. I took out my paper that had what I written the things I needed to say and handed it to them. I told them that they could throw it away or keep it and they told me that they were going to keep it. I said thank you and walked away from the greatest experience of my 20 year old life. 
      Afterwards I walked around, met Vocal Point, got them all to say 'hi' to my friend Darby because she LOVES them so she was happy to receive those texts. I saw Studio C from a distance and this one guy on youtube who plays the piano named Jason Lyle Black and talked to him. He seemed super surprised that someone recognized him because he didn't have a booth or anything. So I complimented his piano skills, he asked me my name and then remembered me from Facebook because I've left him a few comments and we got some pictures. He's super nice. 
   Something I've learned from this is that people aren't as mean as I think. A lot of the people I met this weekend were amazingly nice and down to earth. I would like to point out that I did this by myself, which is a big thing for me. I'm proud of myself and I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to do these things. 
  I posted my thoughts about Easter on facebook but I'm going to post it on here as well:


People celebrate Easter in different ways. For me, it's a celebration of the life of Christ, it's reminder of what He has done for me. The great sacrifice. It wasn't until recently that I gained a personal testimony of the atonement and its power. I know that power of the atonement is real and with it I can be forgiven and clean of sin. I know that my Heavenly Father loves His son, me, you and everyone no matter what they've done. I know that my elder brother Jesus Christ is my savior and that he loves me enough to go through ultimate pain that none of us can fathom. I know that people I've lost in this life are safe and happy and even better I KNOW that I will see them again. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father and I strive everyday to be worthy to one day go back to my Heavenly Home. Happy Easter everyone, He is Risen.


Christ has Risen and he loves you. I pray that each of you know that in some way.


~ Allanah


P.S ALL PICTURES ARE ON FACEBOOK.







No comments:

Post a Comment