Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Mission Accomplished!

        Hey guys! Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a great holiday!
I first want to start off the this post by saying that eight hours of consecutive studying has PAID OFF!!! I checked my grades and saw all A's!!!!!! That seriously hasn't happened since my first semester of college! It was a great feeling knowing that my hard work paid off!!
        Next thing I want to talk about are the events leading up to the reveal. 
         First things first! Savannah , my roommate and friend, went into the MTC (Missionary Training Center) and I had the privilege of watching her get set apart. The spirit was so strong and I couldn't be more proud of her. I was also proud of myself because I didn't break down until I saw her empty room. Thankfully my roommate Sydney was able to make me feel better but I miss her everyday. My other friend, Alison, went into the MTC! I love those girls so much and I am so beyond proud of them.
      Finals week was both stressful and fast paced. Like I stated above I studied for eight hours straight. My finals consisted of three papers, one project and one real exam. So the eight hours were me switching from studying for the exam and working on a paper. It was long and difficult but it all paid off and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to go to school.
         Mom came to get me with Dad and Joseph, which was nice but the drive home was a little stressful because of the snow and the fact that Joseph drove part of the way but he did a good job not killing us. 
           The first week home was so blissful because everyone had school and work but me, so it was nice to have that peace and quiet. On the 23rd we all went to Salt Lake City to see the lights at Temple Square. We also saw Rouge One, I was disappointed mostly because it seemed like every other war/action movie that's out there. Nothing took me by surprise and for the first time in my life I actually played on my iPod because I was so bored but don't let my opinion keep you from watching it - a lot of people enjoyed it. The lights were gorgeous, it was cold but not as cold as it could've been. 
        Christmas Eve was spent lounging around but for mom and I it was spent cooking and baking. I made SWIG cookies and helped mom when she needed it. We listened to Christmas music literally all day and it was the best! That night we had a beautiful Ham dinner with mash potatoes, Funeral Potatoes, Pasta Salad, Corn salad and of course sparkling cider. Later we had a Christ centered evening filled with music that Dad put together then afterwards we watch A Christmas Story then went to bed!

Christmas Day we all woke about 5:30 and played with Santa Gifts. I got a plush Beast from Beauty and the Beast, a necklace that takes the shape of an infinity symbol with a little mickey in the corner and one of my favorite Walt Disney quotes outlined it. "Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age and Dreams are forever." Then a bunch of chocolate. We got ready for church and it was a really nice program. I sang in the church choir and good thing too because out of six sopranos only me and another lady actually showed up but it was nothing but music and it couldn't have been more perfect.
The presents were nice everyone seemed really happy with their gifts and I loved watching others open their presents. 

I just want to take this time and share how grateful I am for each of you. I am so thankful for the Christmas season we have to celebrate Christ, I try to keep Him as my center but I fail everyday but everyday I keep trying because that's what life's about - not giving up. I hope that the rest of the holiday is good for all of you and everyone stays safe. 


The next post will be my letter to 2016











No comments:

Post a Comment