Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Weekened!!

     Since nothing really happened last week, I'm most going to focus on the weekend!! It was a great weekend!

     So on the Fourteenth of February is commonly known as "Valentine's Day", where loved ones get chocolates and flowers for their significant other. My significant other is a million miles away and doesn't even know that we're supposed to be together... ah the life of a fan girl...  There are other girls like me so I've changed the name from V-Day to "Single Awareness Day" and I'll have you all know that I've been calling it Single Awareness Day for about four years... since High school... Anyway, I digress...
  I have been looking forward to this particular weekend because that Sunday I got a phone call from my parents and they told me that they were coming to Visit!!! Made my day. The week that followed wasn't the best but I'm not going into that.
     Friday finally comes and I handed out my little Single Awareness Day treats to my roommates and went to my two classes. Theater got out a LOT earlier and my parents were due to come get me an hour and a half later. So I spent that hour tidying up a bit while pinning my significant other on Pinterest. I got the call that they were here, so I walked outside and greeted my parents! Showed them my apartment and the campus, which they seemed impressed with. We got back to the apartment where they surprised me with the fact that I would not be coming back to my room until the next day!
     Clumsily I packed an over night bag and off to Provo we went. I blabbed the whole way and of course they thought it was a twinge annoying but I bet they missed it! We ate dinner at a Pizza Buffet place, I don't remember the name (sorry) and I had about four pieces of small pizza and was stuffed. We walked around a LDS bookstore that wasn't Deseret and found perfume called "Pink Chocolate" and I was tempted to ask for it but decided against it. We drove around BYU and UVU mostly because we were looking for the Pizza Place but it made me thankful for my own school because there would be no way that I would go to a school that huge. Never.
      After Dinner we walked around a mall, which had a Hot Topic and it was beautiful! When I say 'beautiful' I mean, I love all there Doctor Who, Disney and Harry Potter stuff but besides that... the store gives me the creeps. We also saw...  A DISNEY STORE!!!!! Next to the late 'Borders' the Disney store is my next favorite! In the Disney store I was fortunate enough to get a Minnie Mouse t shirt that actually looks good on me! We also Pre ordered Frozen and got some snazzy looking pictures, which are hanging up in my room as we - you read this. 
         After that we left and journeyed to Heidi Alldredge's House where we all talked for about four hours then mom and I talked for another hour before we went to sleep. It was great to listen to them all talk about their college days and it also made me feel better about having pervy friends... Won't get into that. 
       Next day we went to Old Navy, where I got some much needed clothes! This includes another Minnie Mouse shirt!! Then we ate ourselves sick at Chuck o rama! We drove back to Ephraim, stopped at Walmart and came back! When they had left I learned that it was only Ashley and myself in the whole apartment... not going to lie.. It was absolutely HEAVENLY! Didn't have to worry about being judged! Ashley's cool with me singing in  my room (at least I think she's cool with it.. hasn't complained) and I'm cool with her playing her clarinet! 
        Ashley and I both went to the combined church meeting on Sunday and for once the girls outweighed the boys and we both thought that we got the short end of the stick when it came to males in our ward. The weather was nice, all the snow finally melted so I went on a walk and Monday I've been attempting to do Homework....

Thank you all for reading this blog!! I love you all!!

~ Allanah Staggs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment