Sunday, February 9, 2014

Week Five!!

          Hello everyone!! I hope you all had a pleasant week and thank you SO MUCH for taking time out of your day to read my blog, you have no idea what it means to me!!
       On that note... MONDAY! Let's see, Monday included Theater Class and Institute, two classes that I thoroughly enjoy. Good classes to have on a Monday, I don't know anyone who really enjoys Mondays... Theater class we have been doing, my personal favorite things, IMPROV!!! For those who don't know, Improv is short for improvisation, which is acting on your toes. No script, no characters are given, just a scene and if an improv game has specific rules then you follow those. This week we have been working on Emotions and it's been interesting and hilarious, I love going into that class! I also had Institute, which I love! Brother Bingham, my teacher has asked us ladies to ask a guy for the Sweetheart dance that would be held on that Friday... I did not but only because I don't know any guys well enough to ask them, otherwise, I most likely would have... maybe... After Institute, I took my beloved ipod and walked around Ephraim, (When I say walked around, I mean I chose a direction and just went straight until I couldn't anymore) yeah it was cold but man it felt good to just be alone for a while and walk!
        Tuesday was English and Math, so nothing special happened that day. Literally, nothing, I can't even think about what to write about Tuesday... Hmmm.... I learned about a Math test and did peer editing for my "How To" paper. The paper was "The Best Way to Successfully Write a Novel". I felt completely inadequate writing it because I'm not exactly published (With the exception of my poems) but my English teacher got excited when I told her that was my topic..
         Wednesday!! Oh I've got stories about Wednesday! So I had an appointment with my English teacher who wanted to discuss my first paper (everyone had done it already) and she assured everyone that this would only be a ten minute interview so I chose the time slot of 9:10 twenty minutes before my first class. I go in there completely bound with nerves because of how intimidating she is in class. Like the person that I am, I show up four minutes early, she's not even there. She gets there exactly at 9:10 and our meeting commences. My first paper was not a pleasure to write, because I had nothing to write and therefore didn't put in much effort, I gave the paper my 100% effort out of my 250% and was awaiting a score to look like 60 or 65% but when I look she actually gave me a 75% then bumped it up to an 80%!! She asked me about my essay and we talked for a long time then she asked me about my new essay topic (the writing one) and I told her then we engaged in what kind of things I wrote. Finally I was excused come to find.. that the time was 9:35... Anyone who knows me, knows that I completely and utterly disdain, loathe and hate being late to anything. So the fact that I had been late for my first class was a nightmare. I swiftly walked to the LP Building then took the elevator up to my class where all eyes were trained on me as I walked in, with my head hung low and face tomato red.... 
In Theater we continued with emotions and improv, I laughed to tears and it was amazing. Math we practiced for our test. Institute, was again ushered to go to the Sweetheart dance and when Brother Bingham asked me about it I told him that I already had a date that I couldn't cancel on.. He asked me who the my date was in which I responded with a perfectly straight face. "Netflix" everyone who had been within earshot laughed, including myself and Brother Bingham. After Institute I took another walk in a different direction, I went up hill and will never do that again!
           Thursday, again, nothing really important happened. I took my Math test and am wishing that I did better than the first test!!
     Friday. The best thing about Friday happened in Theater. We're finally doing Shakespeare!!! I'm so excited!!! We chose partners, my partner is a girl named Crystal, who's really nice! The downfall of the project is that my theater teacher said that the partners were females, they had to do a scene with two females... Do you know how hard that is??? Very but I've managed to find some and for those of you who really know me, know my hatred towards "Romeo and Juliet" so I will be staying far away from that!! I found one that I kind of want to do from "Much Ado About Nothing" the second greatest Shakespearean play aside from "Hamlet". The scene where Hero and Ursula are talking about how Benedick loves Beatrice and all that good jazz haha. 
Also on Friday, I got invited by someone in my General Studies class, that I had never spoken to before to her place to watch Frozen. My first thought was excitement because I would be achieving my goal of being more social and possibly gaining friends by going! I didn't go. In my defense! I wasn't feeling the best health wise and I didn't really know the girl who invited, I'm not even 100% sure of her name... So instead of being social... I stayed in and watched Hamlet on my computer...Then Paige and I went into the lounge and played Apples to Apples with some people, then pulled a farting prank on one of the R.A's which was hilarious!  Then went to bed.
          Saturday I watched The Neverending Story, if you haven't seen this amazing 80's movie... You need to fix that, pronto! I cried at some parts.. like I did when I was younger. After that movie I got dressed then walked to Walmart. Got a few things from there and walked back, really enjoyable walk. I always feel proud of myself when I walk to Walmart by myself!
       Sunday, I decided to curl my hair and look pretty come to find out THAT IT'S RAINING OUTSIDE! Thankfully Paige had an umbrella she let me use! Church was good, full of spiritual people and the talks? Were all given by attractive young men, even the Alex Pettyfer lookin' guy! (If I haven't explained it and you're curious, leave me a message or text or call me) and the talks were about the Priesthood and the first guy who spoke was talking about how that the we, ladies, should call the guys for anything. He used an example that put me into slight feminist mode. He said that we should call the men when walking from the Library at night. At first my thoughts consisted of "excuse me? I don't need no man, to walk me from the library!" then it consisted of any excuse I could use just to call one of them haha. After Church... it was still raining and to get to the sidewalk, you have to climb down some stairs... For some reason my feet and brain couldn't understand that... I fell on my knees on the wet pavement! It hurt but I laughed it off like I usually do when I clumsily fall! When I got back I found that I have three scratches on my leg, one really big one, like so big that I had to use the big huge band aids and two smaller ones and today I also realized that in Mrs. Brown's care pack (she's the librarian I T.Aed for the year) she gave me Winnie the Pooh Band aids!!!!!! So I'm wearing one on my foot!!
           So yeah, that's been my week just a heads up for my next post..  I'm going have a mouthful to say about Valentine's Day since it's this coming Friday.... Consider yourself Warned!!


Again, thank you for everyone who takes the time to read this! I'm so grateful I love you all!!

~ Allanah Staggs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment