Monday, January 6, 2014

First Day Jitters and adventures

I realize that I said I would only be updating every weekend but it's the first day of school... so I have to update it today and I've got a really long break in between classes and no homework so here you go...

            The night before my nerves were driving me mad, I couldn't even socialize with the rest of my roommates who, on a first impression seem a little... I don't want to say snobby because they probably aren't but let's just say some of them remind me of those snooty popular Mormons but it's something I can live with. Paige and I shared more words together (I'll get to it)! So in order to calm my nerves I decided to wake up and 6:05 in the morning, get dressed and possibly go look for all my classes seeing as how I found the rooms and buildings. However, that did not come to pass. I jumped out of bed (literally jumped, my bed is tall, when I stand next to it without any shoes on, it comes to the top of my waist and I'm 5"8..) checked my facebook (as per usual) got dressed, washed my face, trying to keep vomit down. Did morning prayers (I'm trying to do that more) got my key card and left my dorm about 7:20 ish. My plan had changed from looking around first to looking around after I got my I.D Badge. Again... this did not happen. I got to the building where the R.A told me to go and exchange cards and at first the whole building was dark but unlocked. I went through the first floor, nothing, went up the stairs.... no one.... I went back thinking that I had gone to early and I had forgotten my fuzzy light blue gloves.. Left again ten minutes later still somewhat dark but this time there were students but the office was not open... left again came back ten minutes later, no line! Went in and inquired to the lady at the front desk if this is where we exchanged cards.. It wasn't. I asked where I could do that and the only thing she said "Over there"... wow real descriptive.... I walked to "over there" and didn't see anything... I had class in an hour, no I.D card and had absolutely no idea where my first class would be located.. My First class is call GNST, which I think stand for General Studies. The website said it would be at the L.P.B... again... that's descriptive and I had my roommates tell me that the building was over by the the Fine Arts class.. I rushed over there and couldn't find it... Here comes a blonde moment! Went back and started to think, maybe I should just drop the class because I couldn't find it but there was another problem to that.. My math class was in the same building a math class I can't afford to miss.. So at my dorm I FINALLY pulled up the school Campus map and it turns out I had been walking past it the whole time.... L.P.B stands for Lucy Phillips (i think) Building.. The first class went fine, nothing too exciting to tell.. Next class is Intro Psychology and so far it is the biggest class I have. It's taught in a Performance Hall in the Library, didn't know where the classroom was in the library thankfully I'm comfortable around Libraries and Librarians so I asked the librarian and it was down the hall and to the right. We waited for our teacher, Professor Marsing who is funny as he is going to be tough but friendly enough for me to comfortably ask him questions, which I will have to do already the homework he's assigned is on something called "Canvas" on the Snow website... and I can't get on and he's asked for so many things for us to bring to class like an eyeclicker... or i clicker... no idea how to spell it  haha and we have to get two books thankfully one is only eight dollars! Acting I won the prize as shortest college class ever and if anyone who is reading this took Dayton Theater will be happy to know (as I am ecstatic) that for once the boys outweigh the girls!!! Made my day! I need a book for that class as well but I think I'm just going to order it online instead of just buying it. Math 099.. bleh... don't even want to talk about it. Everything that I never understood in Algebra II are the things we are doing in that class... whoopee... The professor..Professor Dalley strongly reminded me of Tevia from Fiddler on the Roof only shorter..and well.. uh fatter... I hate to say but he sounded like him if he were American and Mormon... haha anyway so he's decided to use an ancient book, which happens to price at $80 for a rental. Thankfully, I have a Roommate who is taking the same class who offered to share the book with me if I reimbursed her half of the cost... hmmm now let's think $40 vs. $80?? Yeah I think you all know what I chose! After math I came back to the dorm and prepared for Institute.
         Institute.... now that class... oh my gosh I didn't want to leave! The teacher was amazing, I'm not sure how to spell his name so I'll get back to you and I can assure that there will be plenty more stories about him and the class. The class size is really small, mostly because it's an afternoon class, which is perfectly fine with me. There are four guys, one is married and takes the course with his wife and they are the cutest thing! The other three, I'm not sure on.. One of the guys sat in front of me and usually I get ignored but this guy, Eli, is his name turned and talked me whenever the teacher instructed and sometimes when the teacher wasn't talking. Yes.. he was cute... and tall and he had really sky blue eyes but like I said in the first post, I am not here to date and even if I was interested in Eli, which I'm not, the possibility of him being single.. not so good. No one that cute and that nice is single but I like him, he's nice. You know this one day I've done things that I would have never done at high school! I talked to strangers asked for help, not students... adults, haven't gotten to that yet.. NEW GOAL! But Institute.. was just amazing, words can't describe it, Spirit was definitely strong and I never wanted to leave, though I'm not sure that feeling was because of Eli or of the actual class... hmm I'll let you know.

Thank you for reading this update. I promise the next one won't be up until this weekend! Love and miss you guys!!

~ Allanah

No comments:

Post a Comment