Sunday, January 5, 2014

Moving On...!!

        College is place that every parent and student thinks about at one point or another, some sooner than others. It's each hard working student's mission to get accepted, whether or not it is the place he or she desires to go. I can tell you first hand that Snow College had not been my first decision, it wasn't even my last decision. I had no idea what Snow College was or it's location.... Never known it had existed until our first day at church in the Manila Ward. Mom and Dad were talking to a set a parents and talked about their daughter who is my age and headed off to college at SNOW! This inspired the Idea of looking at cheap colleges in Utah, seeing as there were more options in Utah than in Nevada.. So we looked up all kinds of College's and a few small named universities in the Utah area. Came upon a few contenders but there were two that really stuck out to me... Weber University and Snow College.
          Weber had every single one of the classes I wanted to take. Musical Theater, Regular Theater, Latin, English, Creative Writing etc. We read some reviews about the school and all of them seemed pretty balanced out in negatives and positive and then I went to Snow's Website. Snow didn't really have anything special to pull me from Weber, it had the same classes, Theater, Psychology, English etc. but it didn't have Musical Theater! I read the reviews on that one and they were overwhelmingly positive but I still wanted to go to Weber... I looked at the reviews for that one once again and found one comment that told me that if I had trouble with Math to go to a regular college to get my generals done then come (or something along those lines). I hadn't seen that comment the first time and found it odd that it was there the second time. I went back to Snow and there were no negative comments about the Math so that made the decision for me. Some may think coincidence well I'm saying HEAVENLY SIGN!
             Got everything done, registered for housing and classes, faxed over my residency (well almost, we're still getting there) and the date for my leaving was January Fourth (just YESTERDAY!). Leaving on the third, my dad was weepy and so had been Robert, even though he pretended to not be, I could see straight through that puffiness. Dad did not hide and mom lost after watching dad lose it... I hate tears... Mom, Erin and I got in the car and I drove us all the way to American Fork, where we stayed with Heidi Alldredge and her family. It was absolutely fantastic! Mom, Erin and I got to see Frozen, which was AMAZING, words can't even describe how I felt about this movie! I want to watch it again! 
              The next morning we got up and drove to Ephraim, Utah, which took about two hours. We left about Ten in the morning and got there five minutes to noon. I am living in the dorms, the newest (and most expensive) place called "Academy Square". It's beautiful, all decked out in a dark Blue that kind of borders a TARDIS (doctor Who) blue but not quite... My room is actually set up like an apartment or "Flat" as I like to call it. You walk in and the kitchen and dinning room is right there, with a sink, microwave, full fridge and cupboards. You can either go left or right and if you were to go right, that's where I am residing. First door to the right to be exact! I share a room with one other girl, Paige Eaton. She just got here on Sunday when Ashley (I'll get to her) and I got back from Church... 9:30 today because it was technically still on break or something like that. Anyway, back to Paige... out of the uh.. well two words we've said to each other, I think I'm going to like her! Just from looking at her side of the room, she's got loads of books, some that I've never read and some that I have like "Inkheart". My side of the room is a nice space, I wish I had brought my Star Trek Enterprise Poster with me along Van Gogh! Though Starry Night is having a hard time staying on the wall... If anyone knows how to hang a poster without using push pins. PLEASE tell me!! Besides that, everything is nice and orderly in my room.
            Ashley was the first person that I met and I actually met her last night while I skyped with Emily and Natalie, it's funny now but at the time it had been just a twinge awkward Hahaha. Ashley is from Iowa, twenty minutes from Iowa City and she's the oldest like me and she is a member so today at .... 9:30.... we went to church. Usually Church is at 1:00 and I know you're all wondering if there just happens to be any cute guys here. Well I am here to tell you that the answer is Yes, there are loads of cute boys.. er.. guys... most of them fresh off their mission (that's what the majority of them said during Testimony meeting..) but nonetheless, I am not here to date, I am here to succeed in my classes. I do not plan to date anyone while I am here. That is that. Ashley has been a huge help, thanks to her, I now know where my classes are... they weren't on my schedule but thankfully they were on the Badger Web and she told me the general area of where my classes were, just pray that I can find them easily....
          Today in Relief Society, we talked about making goals and if anyone knows me they would know that I really don't like making goals because I always fail but then someone said to make small monthly goals. So aside from the cliche 'Do my best in class' and 'study hard' long term goals that I'm going to do, I wrote down some monthly goals.. 1) Get to Know my Roommates, I wrote the 'How' and the 'Why' 2) Act more confident, can't be more confident, act like it... 3) Don't stress too much (yes I really wrote it in bold..) I wrote the 'How' and 'Why' for that one too. Hopefully I can keep up with these goals! Someone also said that it's better to publicize my goals so people know and can help... I'm counting on you guys!
               Pictures may or may not be up on here... it all depends but they aren't on here then you'll find them on Facebook! I hope everyone has a great Sunday like I have had! I will be blogging weekly you can count on a new blog either Saturdays or Sundays.. depends on the day! Love you all!  

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, you go girl! I love that you are starting a blog. You're such a great writer and I'm glad you are sharing your talents with the world! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Posters; have you used that poster putty stuff? that's supposed to work really well. Lanah, if a boy asks you on a date, DO NOT DENY HIM. I know you're not there to date but if a boy has the guts to ask DO NOT turn him down. It's just like at stake dances. Good luck my love in all your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete