Saturday, January 11, 2014

Week ONE!!

             So the first week of school is officially OVER! My what a week it has been, I couldn't believe it had only been a single week, felt like ages but my roommate Marianna reassured me that it goes by quickly! So my professors, you know only one of my teachers has requested that we call him 'Professor' the rest are just chill if you call them 'Mr.' or 'Mrs.' etc..  So much has happened this week, I'm not sure where to start! I'll start with the Roommates!
           So I share a room with Paige and it took us a day but we finally talked and honestly we haven't stopped talking since! She and I have many, many similarities mostly about celebrities... although she finds Benedict Cumberbatch weird looking... which is alright with me.. More Benedict for me! Whilst we have an abundance in common, we also have our subtle differences like she's really into Asian men, me not so much but that's because I'm really into British men.. We also love Irish and Scottish men! So by now I think you can imagine what our conversations mostly consist of *wink wink*.  In short Paige is amazing, and funny and just in one week we've had a lot of fun together... at least I've had fun with her! She talks in her sleep, which is quite amusing to hear!!
             Classes are intense and I'm thinking about dropping Psychology, don't ask me why, I just feel like I need to. I haven't done anything yet so no one freak out, it's really just a thinking process for now.. but yeah anyway I digress... My English teacher.. is short.. is crazy! She talked about how much she dislikes her husband's old wife and called her a "hag"... yeah I think I'm going to like this teacher. My math teacher wasted half our class to talk about where he thinks numbers came from.. He thinks that number came from Shepard's... and he told us a whole story about how the Shepard and his wife would count their sheep in different scenarios... Yeah I didn't learn much that day, the math is easier, I remembering it from high school, has been a tremendously huge help! I have to finish that homework because I didn't finish it last night.. Then I have to do English homework. 
        I have come to discover that Eli isn't the reason why I like Institute, during the times I didn't have that class, I reminded myself why I was at school. Not to date but to succeed in my schooling. So when I went into Institute, I kept that thought and had an even better time because I got Paige to come with me!  Of course she dragged her feet but she came! The lesson was intense, we were talking about Ammon and the slicing of arms and oh man that hour just by soo quickly. I couldn't believe it went by that fast, can't wait for next Monday!! My theater teacher is awesome and we have our first assignment. I have to memorize Patrick Henry's Famous "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death", which I have not started yet but will do that as soon as I update this blog! My theater teacher seems really chill though and I love it!! She's doing a Musical (at least I think it's a musical... hang on a second, let me check.. nope not a musical) so she's doing a play called "The Blithe Spirit" have no idea what it's about but I'm going to audition for it, if I have enough time to..
          So we've heard the positives.. on comes' the negatives.. So my mother and I had a miscommunication somewhere, I have no idea where but I thought she had told me to pay for my Housing up front and so I did that on Thursday and I did it in a check. Housing included my Meal Card so I could finally stop starving myself. I texted my mother when I got back to the dorm and told her what I had done and it turns out that I was supposed to use that money in my account to buy books... then I was to go to the Finical Aid and get a student loan and that's where I was supposed to pay for Housing and tuition.... oops... Thankfully my wonderful Grandpa helped us.. THANK YOU GRANDPA! But this has only stressed me out a little bit more because I still don't have my books... which I need... Oh boy... Well if you wouldn't mind keeping me in your prayers, I could really use the help!
            Going back to my roommates, I won't dive in too much about them, you know privacy rights and all.. but I'll just say that a lot of them make me laugh like I haven't laughed ever since I have lived in Dayton and for me, a girl who just adores laughing.. that's a long time! So all of my roommates are amazing Anna and Paige make me laugh whenever they interact because they are so different! Marianna makes me laugh when she interacts with the R.A. Courtney and Ashley are both really funny when they are happy, making me laugh along with them! I feel really blessed to such amazing Roommates living with me!

Thank you everyone for reading this, I still really need your prayers!
Have a great and blessed Day!
~Allanah Staggs

No comments:

Post a Comment